One of the most common ailments that comes from overwork is digestion issues. Here we look at 4 things that can help alleviate the problem:
Kriya for Digestion and Weight Loss
Link to Guru Jagat, Improved Digestion and Weight Loss Kriya
- Sitting on your heels in Baby Pose, bring your forehead to the floor in front of you.
- Relax your arms at your sides with your palms facing upward near your feet (Baby Pose).
- From the waistline, slowly move your hips to the left and right. Imagine you are wagging a heavy tail attached to your tailbone.
- Continue moving your hips from side to side for 2–3 minutes (beginners start with 1–3 minutes).
- To release the posture, stop moving the hips and bring your palms to the floor at the sides of your head.
- Press the palms as you lift up to a sitting position.
- Then lie down and relax for 5 minutes.
Baby Pose is a relaxed posture that brings circulation to the heart, eyes, and head.
It helps to cleanse the upper lungs and can help you relax when you are anxious or tense.
Moving the hips side to side in this posture is wonderful for massaging the internal digestive organs and will assist in the elimination of waste from the body.
Leg Lifts for Digestion
- Lie on your back.
- Relax your arms by the side of your body, or place the hands under the buttocks/ lower back to support your back.
- Point your toes forward and lift your legs 3 feet off the ground.
- Hold the posture with Long, Deep Breathing.
- Keep up for 2 minutes.
- If you need a break, relax your legs down and resume the posture as soon as you can.
This posture works on the gall bladder and slims the waistline.
The angle of 3 feet is important to get the full benefit of this exercise.
Ginger Tea This tea is an excellent tonic for women, as is ginger in general (include generous amounts in your cooking). Taken during your menstrual period, Ginger Tea can help keep you energized and soothe your digestion. This tea can also help relieve the aches and discomfort of fever and help soothe the nervous system. Boil 4 or 5 slices of fresh ginger root in 3 cups of water. Add honey and milk to taste, if desired.
Taken from Aromahead:
For Digestive Support
4 drops Cardamom essential oil or CO2 extract (Ellettaria cardamomum)
5 drops Roman Chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile)
3 drops Ginger (Zingiber officinale)
3 drops Peppermint (Mentha x piperita)
Blend essential oils in 1 oz of unscented cream or jojoba oil. Massage into abdomen after each meal. This blend of oils can also be used in an inhaler for nausea or car sickness.
Also especially for you – enjoy 24% off Young Oils essential oils and natural products
EVERY TIME YOU ORDER – Click Here