Massage oils to help reduce fluid retention
Add 30 drops of essential oil to 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of organic sweet almond oil. Blend the essential oils together before diluting into the sweet almond oil. Apply the oil with light upwards strokes: ankles and legs, towards the groin, arms towards the armpits and clockwise circular movements around the abdomen.
Essential oil blend 1
Juniper Berry 8 drops
Sweet fennel 4 drops
Rosemary 6 drops
Grapefruit 12 drops
Essential oil blend 2
Cypress 15 drops
Lemon 10 drops
Juniper Berry 5 drops
Try dry skin brushing.
Direct cold shower water on your skin and massage the inside of the leg especially the thighs to the groin. Then move the water around your abdomen in clockwise circular moments then up the inner arms to the armpit. Repeat as often as you can.
Circulation and lymphatic insufficiency, hormonal issues, allergies, diet and environmental toxins can all contribute to cellulite,
Cellulite and Fluid Retention – Plan of Action
- Increase blood circulation by dry skin brushing. Using a brush made from real bristles brush in gentle upward movements all over the body as in the shower lymph drainage method.
- Have an exercise plan that focuses specifically on the cellulite areas as these are often the places that are getting no exercise
- Massage the whole body every day not only the cellulite areas. Cellulite may show up only in certain areas but essentially it is a whole-body problem.
- While using essential oils in the bath pinch and pummel cellulite areas to help break down the fatty deposits.
- Oxygen is vital for healthy body, so use yoga deep breathing techniques
- Relaxation is important for good body maintenance while stress can cause cellulite to linger even after the stress has gone. So get plenty of sleep and take up yoga, Pilates, tai chi or qi gong.
- Cut out processed and canned foods and anything that contains cornstarch syrup or artificial sweetness.
- Eat as many organic raw vegetables as possible, and cook plenty of leafy dark green vegetables such as kale.
- Use a juicer to make fresh vegetable drinks.
- Drink only pure mineral water not tapwater and organic fruit juices or herb teas such as rosemary, nettle or fennel.
- Drink ginger and peppermint tea every. Take a teaspoon of fresh ginger and equal amounts of fresh peppermint leaves, pour just enough boiling water to cover the ginger and mint and allow it to infuse for it let least 10 minutes. Cover the cup with a saucer so the steam doesn’t escape.
- Cut down on dairy, wheat and soy as well as any fermented foods, including yeasts.
- Increase your vitamin C intake and step up your zinc and vitamin B intake and check supplements to make sure they are not derived from yeast