A non toxic and natural lifestyle! Sounds great right? It is one of the best changes you can make for your life. Here are some steps which are an excellent resource to start your journey towards a non toxic life :
The Toxin Detox
- Eat organic food and animal products to avoid petrochemical pesticides, herbicides, hormones, and antibiotics.
- Drink filtered water.
- Clean and monitor heating systems for release of carbon monoxide.
- Use houseplants that help filter the air.
- Air out your dry cleaning before wearing it.
- Avoid excess exposure to environmental petrochemicals (garden chemicals, dry cleaning, car exhaust, second-hand smoke).
- Reduce or eliminate the use of toxic household and personal care products (aluminium-containing underarm deodorant, antacids, and pots and pans).
- Remove allergens and dust from your home as much as possible.
- Minimize electromagnetic radiation (EMR) from radios, TVs, and microwave ovens.
- Reduce ionizing radiation (from sun exposure or medical tests such as X-rays).
- Reduce heavy metal exposure (predatory and river fish, water, lead paint, thimerosal-containing products, etc.).
Improve Elimination of Toxins
- Drink 6-8 glasses of water a day.
- Sweat regularly with exercise, steam baths or saunas
- Do regular exercise, yoga, or lymphatic massage can improve lymph flow and help flush toxins out of your tissues into your circulation so they can be detoxified.
- Increase Fibre intake
- Eat more beans, whole grains, vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seeds.
- Take a probiotic
Foods and Phytochemicals that Boost Detoxification
- Eat a few cloves of garlic every day or take a garlic supplement.
- Try decaffeinated green tea in the morning.
- Try fresh vegetable juices including carrots, celery, cilantro, beets, parsley, and ginger.
- Try prepared herbal detoxification teas containing a mixture of burdock root, dandelion root, ginger root, licorice root, sarsaparilla root, cardamom seed, cinnamon bark and other herbs.
- Eat high-quality, sulfur-containing proteins – eggs, whey protein, garlic, onions.
- Consume bioflavonoids in grapes, berries, and citrus fruits.
- Eat cruciferous vegetables (cabbage, broccoli, collards, kale, Brussels sprouts).
- Consume dandelion greens to help liver detoxification, improve the flow of bile, and increase urine flow.
- Eat celery to increase the flow of urine and aid in detoxification.
- Consume rosemary, which has carnosol, a potent booster of detoxification enzymes.
- Consume turmeric and curry spices for their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory action.
- Consume burdock root for aid in detoxification.
- Consume chlorophyll in dark green leafy vegetables and in wheat grass.
Supplements for Detoxification
- Take a high potency multi-vitamin and mineral formula.
- Take vitamin C 1000-4000 mg a day during periods of increased detoxification.
- Take milk thistle (silymarin) 70 to 210 mg a day.
- Supplement with essential fatty acids (omega-3 fatty acids), 1000-2000 mg a day. Additional Supplements (use under medical supervision).
- N-acetylcysteine 500 to 1000 mg a day.
- Amino acids (taurine 500 mg twice a day, glycine 500 mg twice a day).
- Alpha-lipoic acid 100 mg to 600 mg a day.
- Carnitine 1000 to 2000 mg a day in divided doses • Bioflavonoids (citrus, pine bark, grape seed, green tea).