Ayurvedic Tonics for Gastritis & Acid Reflux
Amalaki is an excellent source of vitamin C, carotene, vitamin B3 and riboflavin. It is cooling, calming and is good for your stomach. As such it is very useful if you are hot headed are prone to heat or what is referred to in Ayurveda as having a Pitta dosha or constitution.
2 Fresh Coconut Water
Fresh coconut water works as an antacid. It is excellent who has a heated constitution – running hot either physically or mentally; a constitution known in Ayurveda as Pitta.
Avipattikar churna is a mixture of balancing spices for acidity. Take a half teaspoonful in a little water three times a day after eating or as directed.
4 Naturally Sweet Not Sugary Foods
If you are running hot you may crave sugary foods. Try to avoid them and instead reach for naturally sweet foods that cool and hydrate such as such as ripe peaches, figs, courgettes and ripe pomegranates.
5 Roasted Coriander
Adding roasted coriander seeds to your food will help with dyspepsia.
Ayurvedic Tonics for Constipation
Triphala is the Ayurvedic wonder concoction for digestion. It contains 3 Ayurvedic super fruits – Amalaki, Bibhitaki, and Haritaki. It lubricates the colon so that you can more efficiently absorb nutrients and more completely empty the bowels. It is also an antioxidant and the Amalaki component of Triphala is an excellent source of vitamin C, carotene, vitamin B3 and riboflavin.
Either first thing in the morning or just before bedtime, take two Triphala tablets, or one teaspoon of powder with warm water or as directed.
7 Also consider the following for constipation
- Avoid raw foods that are difficult for the body to digest. Instead eat foods that are cooked and warm.
- Use light, warming spices in your diet, such as ginger, clove and cinnamon.
- Increase the bulk of the stool by taking two teaspoonfuls of psyllium husk; in warm water before bed.
- Avoid refined foods, which contain very little insoluble fibre, and increase the transit time of wastes from your body.
- Eat your meals at fixed intervals.
- Drink warm milk with ghee in it before going to sleep. The ghee will lubricate the colon and the milk will ensure good night’s sleep.
- Exercise for, at the very least, 30 minutes each day.